26.1.10

Landing

NATALIE
When I was 16 I thought by 23 I would be married, maybe have a kid… corner office by day, entertaining at night. I was supposed to be driving a Grand Cherokee by now.

ALEX
Life can underwhelm you that way.

NATALIE
Now I have my sights on 29 because 30 is just way too… apocalyptic. I mean where did you think you’d be by…

ALEX
It doesn’t work that way.

RYAN
At a certain point, you stop with the deadlines.

ALEX
They can be a little counterproductive.

(...)
ALEX
You really thought this guy was the one.

NATALIE
I guess. I don’t know. I could have made it work. He just really fit the bill.

RYAN
The bill?

NATALIE
My type. You know. White collar. College grad. Loves dogs. Likes funny movies. Six foot one. Brown hair. Kind eyes. Works in finance, but is outdoorsy, you know on the “weekends.” I always imagined he’d have a single syllable name like Matt or John or… Dave. In a perfect world, he drives a Four Runner and the only thing he loves more than me is his golden lab.
Oh… and a nice smile.
What about you?

ALEX
Well… by the time you’re 34, all the physical requirements are pretty much out the window.
You secretly pray he’ll be taller than you. Not an asshole would be nice. Just someone who enjoys my company. Comes from a good family- you don’t think that when you’re younger. Wants kids… likes kids… wants kids. Healthy enough to play catch with his future son one day. Please let him earn more than I do - that doesn’t make sense now, but believe me, it will one day. Otherwise it’s just a recipe for disaster. Hopefully some hair on his head… but it’s not exactly a deal breaker anymore. Nice smile. Yep. A nice smile just might do it.

NATALIE
Wow. That was depressing.

Up in the air

3 comentários:

Lalol disse...

Quero ver.
Vc leu o texto do Veríssimo hoje no Globo, sobre o George Cloney? Mto bom.
bjs

Leticia Wahmann disse...

Depresing é o fim desse filme...que coisa triste !

Mari disse...

sad but true ;)